CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Mosquito Repellant


Thanks to GT moms, I recently discovered that prolong use of Off lotion can cause much danger to the kid. Being a mom, one of my primary concern is how to keep mosquito on bay. Dengue is rampant nowadays and as they say prevention is better than cure, I would certainly exhaust all means just to provide Tifa and Trife the best protection feasible.

Off lotion contains Deet which is a chemical when combined with other chemicals or medications, can have a toxic effects to the brain and body. With prolong use of products containing Deet, humans may experience fatigue, memory loss, weakness, headache, muscle and joint pain. This is totally alarming!

I discovered that through the use of Eucalyptus Oil, mosquito bite can be prevented. As soon as I learn about this oil, I rushed to South Star Drug and brought one for testing. What I do is to dub a cotton balls with a little amount of oil. I then put it on the A/C's vent. The room suddenly was filled with its relaxing smell. And alas, I haven't seen mosquito within the room. Another mom advice me to just put it on a candle burner, the idea was nice but since Tifa tends to be amazed with anything, I find it dangerous to lit a candle in our room.

1 comments:

Samira said...

hi twnx, this is sam (pinkcoyote GT), okay yan eucalyptus oil lalo na pag may sipon si baby, nakakapagdecongest yan ng baradong nose.

re: mosquito naman, i also believe citrunella oil can be used as repellant. :)